Logan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

4th of July 2011

**LOTS OF PICTURES**

My parents invited us to go camping with them for the July 4th weekend. They got a new pop up camper last year so they wanted to test it out. They've had one since I was in high school but decided it was time for an upgrade. It's MUCH nicer than the one they had before. Not that there was anything wrong with the other one. Hey, I am not going to complain. It's not a tent, it has a/c, and is much more comfy than sleeping on the ground. I don't mind camping when it's not really camping! ;)

We went to Bolding Mill Camp Ground. We've been several times before. It's nice and quiet. Not too much to do but hey it's camping. You're supposed to just enjoy the great outdoors! We take books, Logan rides his bike, we listen to music, we watch movies on the flat screen tv my Dad has hooked up in the camper. Told ya it's not really camping! But we like it!

My parents were heading up there Thursday June 30th after work to set everything up. We were set to head up there Friday night after we got off work. Well, the planner and surpriser that I am, decided to take Friday off, head up to the campground early Friday morning, and surprise my parents by spending an extra day up there with them. I never let on and they had no idea we were coming, not even an inkling! It was great! I am good with secrets, let me tell ya!

We knew what they were up to that Friday morning since my mom thinks she has to text me with every little thing she does, ha! Which is fine, this time it worked out. We knew they were headed to their favorite place on Earth, Wal-mart! Which is not too far from the campground. So instead of heading to the camper to wait on them to return we decided to make a pit stop at Walmart. We walked and walked around the store, they were no where in site. But we parked right next to them in the parking lot so we knew they were still there. All of a sudden I heard "Logan!" My mom found us first and I thought for sure it was b/c I had just gotten onto him for trying to run ahead and being too loud but she assured me she just happen to look up and though she was seeing things. It was us! Talk about a surprise! Needless to say they were happy to see us and we're glad we got the extra day to just relax and not have to worry about really doing anything.

The weekend went well. It was hot but that didn't stop Logan from running, playing ball, riding his bike like a fool! This was really the first time since he got his bike for Christmas of 2010 that he has had a good chance to get out and ride. We escaped with only one minor scrape from a fall. But Nana doctored him up and he was on his way! We all had a good time but I think Logan most of all! He always asks if we can go camping with Nana and Pop! He loves them and they of course adore him too! It's always nice to get away from reality for a bit. We unfortunately didn't get to enjoy a fireworks display. The city of Gainesville had decided not to do them. Same for lots of places who normally do them. It's just so darn expensive. I wasn't really that disappointed since Logan actually isn't a big fan of them anyway. Maybe in 2012 he'll be a little more into them.















No comments: