Logan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Labor Day 2011

**LOTS OF PICTURES...AGAIN**

Ah, let's see. We took a trip with my parents to Mississippi over the Labor Day weekend. Mister-Stippy as Logan called it. We hadn't been since Logan was 13 months old. Before that it was when Logan was 4 months old and we were there for my Grandfather's funeral.

I was born in Mississippi but have been a Georgia Peach since I was 4 years old. My mom was born and raised there as well. We moved here in I think 1984 when my Dad got a job transfer. It's sad to say but I'd much rather call Georgia my home than Mississippi. It's not very exciting and not very pleasing to the eye, at least not the parts I've seen. I like my good ole ATL!

We didn't do a whole lot but eat and sleep it felt like. Yes we visited with family and friends but besides that we ate and slept. So much eating that I got sick Saturday night and was not feeling too hot the next day or so. Just too much food in a short amount of time and not really healthy stuff. My stomach just couldn't handle it.

There is an AWESOME restaurant there that we have to visit every time we go. Especially since the visits are few and far between. It's Jerry's Catfish House. Hands down THE BEST fried dill pickles and THE BEST fried catfish anywhere! I don't see how it could get any better than this! Logan doesn't even like pickles and he ate almost an entire basked of fried dill pickles by himself. We ended up ordering a 2nd basket cuz the looker pickle hog took them all! The food is delish but the building is pretty cool too. It looks like an Igloo on the outside. When you see it for the first time you're like "Woah, what is that?" But it makes for a good conversation piece, especially for the kiddos! I wish, and don't, that it was closer! We'd get to enjoy it more but we'd be hating ourselves for overindulging!

We also went to Logan's Raodhouse for my Uncle Thomas's birthday. I wish I could say the same for this place as I did for Jerry's but I just can't. The food is just mediocre. We have family friends who eat there once a week. Glad I'm not part of that family! Nothing to write home about at all. But it was a fun get together and cool that Logan got to eat at Logan's! The server was pretty awesome too! We really had a great time!

The sad part is that was the last time I got to visit with my Grandma. She passed away on November 28, 2011. It also happens to be Logan's birthday. She's been sick for a long time. She had congestive heart failure and had been in and out of the hospital for years for various issues. It was just her time and it seems she went peacefully. I'm thankful for even the short time we got to spend with her on this trip. And I know she was glad to see us. She hadn't seen Logan in the flesh since he was a baby. We've sent pictures and cards but it's just not the same. I do regret though that we didn't get a picture with her. I will always wish that we had done that but I can't change the past. I don't know why we didn't.

It was a pretty short, whirlwind trip but we ate well, a little too well, and got lots of sleep! :) I'm glad we got to go. I love road trips and visiting. It's just part of my nature. I wish we could go more but time and money doesn't always allow. Thankful for what we do get to go and do though.




















No comments: