Logan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Resolution

This year the resolution I am making to myself is to get in shape. This is probably at least 75% of most people's resolution. And not any different than resolutions I have made in the past. BUT, this year has been different. It's only January 24, I know that. But I have a feeling this year is MY year. To actually follow through, get my butt into shape, and just feel better about myself.

I am not gonna lie, working out is HARD! Eating healthier and smaller portions is HARD! Passing up my crutch, sweet tea, and not indulging myself in sweets and whatever else I see I want, is HARD! But taking off the weight gained by all that junk is even harder! So, I am totally motivated this year to lose the fat, lose the flab! I wanna be trim and cute and just feel and look my best!

I found this and I am totally using it as my new motto! So far so good!



I must say I am proud of myself! And it makes me happier that others have told me they are proud of me as well. It's a great motivator. I am tired of being overweight, tired of nothing fitting me, not looking good on me, tired of feeling so blah! I wanna feel GOOD! And I am on the right track. And even though I've only been working out since Friday January 13 I am already feeling/seeing results. No, I am not skinny and yes I still have flab but I am trying to stay positive. It took years to put the weight on so I know it's not gonna just fall off. As much as I'd like for that to happen it just isn't reality. The following picture is pretty much me.



I do have to be honest with myself. I know I will never be a size 2 and I don't think I really want to be. But I am not liking my current size and would like to reduce it by half! So, 4 sizes would be awesome! I'll take 2 for now! :) It will come in time. I am short, 5 foot exactly, so extra weight just has no place to go. It doesn't distribute as well as someone who is taller. At least that is my perception. I know I am not at a healthy weight. I know I have a ways to go. But the fact that I have started and am actually enjoying it is a big plus. I am just keeping my eye on the prize!



I have made the decision to be a better me in 2012! I've been eating smaller portions, better and more natural foods, drinking plenty of water and green tea, and exercising my butt off! I am very proud of myself! If others can do it so can I! I am determined! I wanna look and feel good! We are headed to Panama City for a week long vacation in July. I wanna buy some cute new clothes and maybe a bathing suit I won't be so embarrased or self conscious to wear. I wanna enjoy myself without looking in the mirror and not liking what I see. I doubt I'll be rocking a bikini. No matter how small I've ever been I have never been comfortable in one. But who knows, maybe I'll live a little!




With all that said I will continue on this path. I know I can do it. I am determined to do it. Prove it to myself, prove it to everyone! It's time to take control of my life and better my health. It's a total lifestyle change and I am finally willing to make it. I WANT to make it. Now that my attitude has changed I am ready for my body to change too!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So proud for you!!!!! Thank you for the motivation today! zach and I both joined weight watches online but I havent been as serious as I need to be about it. Reading your post and seeing that someone else is doing it too really helps me!!!! You can and will do it!!!!!